Hi! I'm DJ.
I love metal detecting.
I live in eastern Pennsylvania, in an area called the Lehigh Valley. I'm a coin shooter and a relic hunter. I don't hunt for profit. I never sell my finds.
I hope to share my love of the hobby with anyone who'd like to read along.
I'd like to become a resource for those new to metal detecting; to offer help and advice when I can.
I believe in saving history, one dig at a time.
My Machines & Coils:
- White's MXT 300 - 10" D2 coil, Eclipse 8x14 Deep Scan coil, (stock) 12" spider coil
- White's Prism V - (stock) 950 coil. I used my friend's White's machine and when it was time to upgrade, I purchased the Prism. Though I primarily use the MXT now, the Prism still works and I use it as a back up/teaching tool.
- Bounty Hunter - I used this when I was a teenager. I started to find good stuff and I began to take the hobby seriously.
- Radio Shack Micronta 4001 - this was my very first machine. I got it as a gift when I was 8 or 9 years old.
- Finds pouch
- Good headphones
- Lesche hand shovel
White's Calendar - June, 2012
- White's Electronics 2012 Calendar - June
- White's Electronics 2013 Calendar - January
- White's "Dreams Come True" pamphlet
American Digger Magazine - "Just Dug" section
- Volume 8, Issue 4: July-August 2012
- Volume 8, Issue 5: Sept. - Oct. 2012
- Volume 8, Issue 6: Nov. - Dec. 2012
- Volume 9, Issue 2: March - April, 2013
- Volume 9, Issue 3: May - June, 2013
A glimpse at my workstation
I Believe In:
- Always asking permission
- Getting in tune with your machine
- Preserving history
- Respecting nature and all property - dig clean holes, plug 'em; and don't leave any trash behind
- Returning known items to their owner and returning historical items to the original homeowner.
- Finding lost items
- Satisfying your curiosity
- Coin appraisal
- Odd jobs - finding metal spikes, property markers
- Speaking to groups and conferences